Interior Painting Colors For Your Home
The best part of an interior painting project is picking the colour for your home. If you do not have experience in this area, then you may be nervous about your colour choice. It is a difficult decision to be made and you want to know that everyone will love the colour too, right? If you have ever walked into someone’s home and thought the colour was off or too bright, then you know just how important this decision can be. Interior painting involves choosing the colour early on so that you can be fully prepared and you can start gathering décor to match. Below, we will go over some tips to help you choose the right colour for your home’s interior.
- Experiment, Experiment, Experiment
It can be difficult to judge the way a colour will look unless you place it on the canvas. This is true with your home as well. In fact, you can purchase a small sample size paint jar of the colour you like and then test it in a small area of your home. You do not need to paint the entire wall, but paint a small area large enough to determine if the colour will work or not. Remember, you can always cover up the colour, so there is no reason to be hesitant.
- Know Your Lighting
If your home is not well lit, then you want to avoid darker colours as they will darken the room even more. You should stick with lighter colours that add a soft light to the room. The same goes for rooms that are well lit with both natural and artificial lighting. If your room is lit well, choose a darker colour paint and avoid lighter colours as they will simply blend in and go unnoticed.
- Consider the Theme You Want
If you are set on a theme for your home, then consider the colour schemes that work within that theme. For example, if you want to have a Mediterranean theme going on in your home, you will find the colours of gold, white, and blue are often chosen, yet an Italian theme will embrace bolder colours such as reds and oranges.
- Have a Colour Test
Once you have decided on the colour you want, now it is time to actually try the colour out. Before, we mentioned you should experiment with the colour in a small space, but now it is time to try an entire wall with the colour.
We suggest that you paint the wall and allow it to dry, so that you can see the true colour you have chosen. You will be able to evaluate the colour and determine if it is right for you at this point.
As you plan for and work through your interior painting project, be mindful of the colours you choose and always check them out on the wall before you settle. If you need help choosing a colour or painting the room, call the professionals at Executive Touch Painters & Home Renovations.
Additional Articles about Painters Toronto:
- Tools You Need to Have on Hand When Painting Your Home
- 5 Things to Keep in Mind When Hiring an Interior Painter for Your Home
- 4 Tips for Helping You Choose the Right Colour for Your Home’s Interior
- Your Home’s Exterior Needs to Be Properly Prepped to Avoid Extreme Weather Issues
- Painting Your Home’s Exterior Shutters
- The Great Debate: Oil-Based Paint or Latex Paint
- Take These Steps to Protect Your Home BEFORE You Paint the Interior
- How to Tell Your Home Needs to Be Painted
- Painting Your Home’s Exterior: Steps to Follow
- How to Prep Different Surfaces Before Painting
- Tips the Other Professional Painters Don’t Want You to Know
- A Guide to Painting Kitchen Cabinets
- Should you use Primer When Painting Your Home Interior?
- Tips for Home Painting Doors, Windows, and Baseboards
- A Guide to Prepping Walls for Interior Painting
- Purchasing the Correct Rollers and Brushes
- There is more to Choosing Paint than Just the Colour
- 9 Home Painting Mistakes to Avoid
- Tips for Hiring a Professional Painter in the Toronto Area
- 8 Tips for Painting Your Home