Thinking about painting your home? We have put together some tips for you on home painting in the Toronto area. Whether you are painting the interior or exterior of your house follow these tips and make your house beautiful.
You want to paint your family room; here are some steps to take to make sure you get a professional look.
- Choosing a colour isn’t all there is to it, yes you want to choose your colour but the paint choices that are available are almost staggering. There is paint, paint with primer for a one step paint, and now there is “Green” paint. Yes green paint without chemical fumes, lead, and better for the environment and your body. Green paint seems like a logical choice for most of us.
- Pick up your supplies, paint, drops clothes, brushes, rollers, cleaners, and painters tape so that you have them all together before you start the job.
- You need to wash the walls before you paint, this allows the paint to have a smoother finish for a more professional look.
- Tape around woodwork, windows, baseboards, the areas you do not want paint on.
Now you are ready to apply the colour of your choice to give your room a fresh new look.
You want to spruce up the exterior of your house and you have chosen a colour that will be just perfect. Before you start painting here are some tips to make sure you get a nice professional look.
- Make sure you have all the supplies you need. Paint scrapers, brushes, paint.
- The first thing you must do is to scrape away loose and peeling paint from wood surfaces, if your house has vinyl siding then you need to wash it with a power washer and mild soap. Allow it to dry before you start painting.
- If there are any areas that need to be fixed such as minor holes, cracks, they need to be filled and sanded even to achieve a smooth finish. Depending on the material that needs to be repaired and the repair medium used you may need to allow 72 hours to 7 days for it to cure
- Apply a primer this helps keep the colour uniform over the entire house.
- Paint the exterior. Never paint if the humidity is high, before or after a rain storm, or if the temperature is below 10 C (50 F).
Please remember when scraping or sanding to remove old paint will cause dust and many old paints have lead in them which can cause you to develop health issues; so please make sure to wear face mask when removing old paint to protect your health.
Following these tips should have the exterior of your home looking as if it were painted by professionals.
If after reading these tips, you think this may be in over your head when it comes to painting either interior or exterior surfaces of you home, then you may want to consider hiring a professional painter from the Toronto area.
Additional Articles about Painters Toronto:
- Tools You Need to Have on Hand When Painting Your Home
- 5 Things to Keep in Mind When Hiring an Interior Painter for Your Home
- 4 Tips for Helping You Choose the Right Colour for Your Home’s Interior
- Your Home’s Exterior Needs to Be Properly Prepped to Avoid Extreme Weather Issues
- Painting Your Home’s Exterior Shutters
- The Great Debate: Oil-Based Paint or Latex Paint
- Take These Steps to Protect Your Home BEFORE You Paint the Interior
- How to Tell Your Home Needs to Be Painted
- Painting Your Home’s Exterior: Steps to Follow
- How to Prep Different Surfaces Before Painting
- Tips the Other Professional Painters Don’t Want You to Know
- A Guide to Painting Kitchen Cabinets
- Should you use Primer When Painting Your Home Interior?
- Tips for Home Painting Doors, Windows, and Baseboards
- A Guide to Prepping Walls for Interior Painting
- Purchasing the Correct Rollers and Brushes
- There is more to Choosing Paint than Just the Colour
- 9 Home Painting Mistakes to Avoid
- Tips for Hiring a Professional Painter in the Toronto Area
- 8 Tips for Painting Your Home