Your home’s exterior is more important than you think and if you underestimate the way it looks, you may find yourself in a bit of a bind when you attempt to sell your home. House painting services are designed to help keep your home beautiful and a professional painter in Toronto can elevate your home’s exterior no matter its shape. But, how can you tell whether or not your home needs new paint? Below, we will go over some ways to tell it is time to call your local painter.
Sign 1: The paint is cracking or the caulk on the walls is failing.
Paint that is old and needs to be removed will begin to crack and the most common area to find this occurring at is where joints meet each other. For example, you may find cracking paint around window frames, door frames, and on some of the siding. If you do notice the cracking, you need to think about having your home repainted soon.
In addition, a home that has failing caulk is a sign that the home needs to be repainted as well. Failing caulk allows water and moisture to enter into the home, which can cause problems later on down the road.
Sign 2: The paint is fading.
If the paint on the exterior of your home is fading or faded, then it is time to think about having a new coat put on. Typically, the side of your home that faces the sun most of the time will fade much more quickly than the other sides and you can usually identify signs of fading as the paint will appear lighter than the rest of your home or it may have a washed out appearance.
Another good way to tell if the paint is fading is to take a damp cloth and wipe it along the side of the home in question. If you notice a chalky substance left on the towel, then it is time to have a new paint job. The chalky substance is a sign that your home’s wood is no longer protected, which means water damaged can occur and this can affect the integrity of your home.
Sign 3: The paint is peeling off the walls.
If you notice that the paint is peeling off of the exterior of your home, house painting services are needed. Typically, you will find peeling paint in areas where there is a lot of moisture retention such as in your garage, basement, and similar areas of your home. As we mentioned above, if there is no paint on the boards, the wood becomes susceptible to moisture, which causes problems with your home’s structure.
If you are looking for house painting services or you want to have the exterior of your home checked to see if you need a new coat of paint, call the professional team at Executive Touch Painting & Home Renovations. We can’t wait to repaint your home!
Additional Articles about Painters Toronto:
- Tools You Need to Have on Hand When Painting Your Home
- 5 Things to Keep in Mind When Hiring an Interior Painter for Your Home
- 4 Tips for Helping You Choose the Right Colour for Your Home’s Interior
- Your Home’s Exterior Needs to Be Properly Prepped to Avoid Extreme Weather Issues
- Painting Your Home’s Exterior Shutters
- The Great Debate: Oil-Based Paint or Latex Paint
- Take These Steps to Protect Your Home BEFORE You Paint the Interior
- How to Tell Your Home Needs to Be Painted
- Painting Your Home’s Exterior: Steps to Follow
- How to Prep Different Surfaces Before Painting
- Tips the Other Professional Painters Don’t Want You to Know
- A Guide to Painting Kitchen Cabinets
- Should you use Primer When Painting Your Home Interior?
- Tips for Home Painting Doors, Windows, and Baseboards
- A Guide to Prepping Walls for Interior Painting
- Purchasing the Correct Rollers and Brushes
- There is more to Choosing Paint than Just the Colour
- 9 Home Painting Mistakes to Avoid
- Tips for Hiring a Professional Painter in the Toronto Area
- 8 Tips for Painting Your Home