If you want to paint your home and are looking for a professional painter in the Toronto area we have some tips for you. These tips will help make sure that you get the right painter for the job.
They will also help make sure that you will get what you pay for and will keep you from being taken advantage of.
What to look for in a professional paint crew
When hiring a professional painter to paint your home it is important to look for the following things;
- First start by asking friends and family for referrals, if they do not have any check contractor review sites. Do not use something like Craig’s list.
- Licenses and bonded – You want to make sure that the painter and his crew are licensed and bonded. That criminal backgrounds have been checked and passed.
- Estimate – When you get an estimate, make sure that it is an on-site (at your home) estimate. Do not take an estimate without the painter coming to see what the job involves.
- Ask what their work involves on a contract, do they do preparation work, painting, and clean up or do they just come in to paint and clean up their job stuff?
- References – Ask for references, you want to be able to call some recent customers and make sure that they are happy with the job that was done. Ask them if the job was done in a timely manner, if the workers acted professionally while on the job, if there were any issues they were not happy with.
- Portfolio – They should have a portfolio for you to look at. A sample of their work in order to show you before and after pictures of the jobs they have done.
- You want to hire someone with a business address that is local. This way you can reach them and check on their license, how long they have been in business, and more.
- You want to choose a professional that has been in a business a minimum of five years, preferably ten years.
- Get a written quote, which lists exactly what the quote covers.
- Ask for a guarantee of their work, at least one year.
- Make sure who is doing the painting them or do they subcontract?
- Before signing the contract go over it completely make sure it has price, what is being painted, what is the preparation to be done and if they do it, start date and time on the project, when and how the contractor will be paid, when the project will be finished.
- A word of caution; if you pay a deposit, do not pay more than 15% down. If they do not show up and do work as promised you are not out as much as 50% down also NEVER complete payment until work is done satisfactorily.
If you follow these tips, you should be able to find a professional house painter in the Toronto area.
Additional Articles about Painters Toronto:
- Tools You Need to Have on Hand When Painting Your Home
- 5 Things to Keep in Mind When Hiring an Interior Painter for Your Home
- 4 Tips for Helping You Choose the Right Colour for Your Home’s Interior
- Your Home’s Exterior Needs to Be Properly Prepped to Avoid Extreme Weather Issues
- Painting Your Home’s Exterior Shutters
- The Great Debate: Oil-Based Paint or Latex Paint
- Take These Steps to Protect Your Home BEFORE You Paint the Interior
- How to Tell Your Home Needs to Be Painted
- Painting Your Home’s Exterior: Steps to Follow
- How to Prep Different Surfaces Before Painting
- Tips the Other Professional Painters Don’t Want You to Know
- A Guide to Painting Kitchen Cabinets
- Should you use Primer When Painting Your Home Interior?
- Tips for Home Painting Doors, Windows, and Baseboards
- A Guide to Prepping Walls for Interior Painting
- Purchasing the Correct Rollers and Brushes
- There is more to Choosing Paint than Just the Colour
- 9 Home Painting Mistakes to Avoid
- Tips for Hiring a Professional Painter in the Toronto Area
- 8 Tips for Painting Your Home