Exterior Stucco Painting Toronto
Stucco is an exterior covering that is made by blending sand with powdered lime or cement. Water is added to the mixture until it reaches mortar-like consistency. After finishing, you get a rough-textured appearance on the surface. Popcorn surface is hard, flexible, waterproof, and gives a stylish architectural look to your house.
In Toronto, Stucco is most commonly used as an exterior covering for the past 15 years. Stucco is generally applied by hand over metal wire or lath, which helps it to stick to the surface firmly. Typically, popcorn surface lasts for years, but might get dirty and cracked easily when not maintained.
Stucco repair and painting are necessary for not only maintaining the masonry but also refresh the exterior look of your house. These two things can shield your exterior from water damages also. Our team of professional painters ensure that your home has the best exterior stucco look for years.
How To Paint Exterior Stucco?
By selecting the right painting products, it is far easy to paint popcorn or stucco. Here are some simple tricks put together to make the work easier.
1. Choose the Right Colours and Paint
Exteriors of most houses have stucco, and it is recommended that you use flat paint. Always ensure that you use high-quality paints for painting the surfaces. High-quality paints are durable and are fade resistant.
2. Prepare the Surface Before Painting
Before applying the paint, the surface of the stucco should be clean and dry without any dirt. For cleaning, it is recommended to use pressure wash and get rid of any mould or mildew present on the surface.
After cleaning, let the surface get dried up before applying paint. Check the instructions on the paint can before starting to paint. Some paints are to be used at certain temperatures. It is suggested that you use a large-nap roller to apply paint, which helps in getting into the spaces and holes quickly.
Benefits of Hiring an Experienced Stucco Painter
- Knows exactly which paint is suitable for a particular surface
- Assist you in the selection of colour and sheen of paint that is applied
- Stucco is a great way to change the look of your house
- Stucco contractors not only paint the surfaces but also clean or repair before the actual painting work.
What makes us Different from other exterior stucco painters in Toronto?
- We have expertise in colour selection and help you to choose the perfect paint for your stucco exterior
- Pull shrubs and other plants and cover them with plastic bags before painting
- Cover all the areas not painted with damp cloths
- Our painters are cautious to avoid trampling flower beds
- After the painting is completed, a thorough inspection is conducted, and final touch-ups are done.
Need a Professional Stucco Contractor?
At Executive Touch Painters, we work on exterior stucco regularly, and our team has over 10 years of experience in transforming the look of your home exterior. Our professional painters will freshen the look of your exterior stucco by giving a fresh coat of paint. Are you looking to change the colour or the whole look of your exterior? Then contact us or call us at 416-410-0164, for a free estimate.