Does Exterior Paint Increase Home Value
As there is an overwhelming growth in residential real estate business, many homeowners who are listing their homes in the market expect a reasonable sales price. The question is now “Does exterior paint increase home value?” we say “yes,” A fresh coat of paint on your house improves the curb appeal and also an efficient use of color on the elevation of your home can add thousands of dollars to its value.
Advantages of Exterior Painting
According to some reports, good exterior painting increases the value of a home by 2-5 %. Take care while painting the exteriors of a house. Below are the main benefits of an exterior paint finish to your home.
- Improves Curb appeal: Curb appeal is all about setting the right tone when a prospective buyer sees your exterior of your home for the first time.
- The increase of lifespan: No matter which type of finish you have for your house, a fresh layer of exterior paint can help increase its lifespan.
- Better Aesthetics: A fresh coat of paint can make your siding seem newer, putting your whole house in a different light.
- Increased Protection against harsh elements of nature: Rain, wind, insects and other exterior factors can be a severe problem to an exterior of the house. Exterior paint job helps to protect the home from natural damages.
- Objectively increased value of home: When a buyer comes to a house, a new or useful exterior paint will have an impact on the price of the house.
- Buyers need not worry about re-painting the house after purchasing.
- Right colors to the exteriors help the house to look bigger and appealing.
- It is more reasonable to paint than the installation of the new vinyl cladding.
Tips for Your Exterior Painting Project
You need to take a lot of care while painting the exteriors of your home because it creates the first impression on the prospective buyers of your residential property.
Follow these few tips for exterior painting project to be a success.
- Freshen up the exterior by giving striking colors to the window frames, railings, and other accents.
- Select neutral, white and cream colors which appeal to most of the persons.
- Paint vinyl siding the same shade or lighter to prevent the material from warping because of heat.
- Make sure that the exterior paint compliments the other materials of home like bricks, stone, and roof.
- Paint window sashes and hanging surfaces, such as porch ceilings, lighter shade to reflect light.
- Try to use mostly warm colors than cool colors.
- Paint the window slashes and overhead surfaces with light colors to lift the spirit of the house.
For any house exterior painting is very important. Also, you need to face many challenges at this time. So don’t wait to give our professional painters at Executive Touch the opportunity to improve your homes curb appeal. Call us at (416) 410-0164 for a Free Estimate Now.